Monday, September 6, 2010

I wish to represent

My late husband had a Cannon EOS-10D.  When he bought it during the year 2000-ish, it was an unbelievably-advanced tech-thingy of its time.  I want to use it to photo his urn for this site.  I went to the Cannon website to get something he called "drivers."  I don't exactly know what they are, but he told me that you have to have them to do photos. I discovered that they now mostly just have stuff about a Cannon EOD 60D.  :-(

OK, I get that the world must move on (But for the record, I sometimes feel that this "moving on" (without my late husband's contribution) is insulting to him (Maybe that's because I relied so heavily upon him. And that part is just me & my son.).) .  However, how can the world get from a 10D to a 60D when "end-game" between my late-husband and his uber-camera is only 3 years?  It's scary-tech insane!!!

 I'm praying that us widows having kids who are young enough to "understand the tech mix" will be fortunate enough that the loving of our kids will result in them loving us back. I work hard for my son.  I willingly pay the emotional and physical sacrifices that it takes in order for me to earn the tuition for his expensive, private school.  (This is instead of sending him to regular (public, no extra-cost to me) school). My late husband wanted our son to continue in private school as long as possible (There are a lot of deadly gangs in the city were we live.). I hope our son understands all when I can no longer "understand." (He can just put me in a  "cool retirement home," or get me a great retirement (possibly like Honda's Asimo robot)).

In the meanwhile, I find myself more and more relying on my son to understand what the crazy tech world has to offer for us both.  (I learned the basics of MS Power Point during Graduate School at The Ohio State University (it was brand spanking new back then).  My son learned all that I learned back then and more in only/barely the fourth grade (they started teaching him while he was between grades in summer camp.)).   According to what I've read, each generation has 150,000 more brain cells than its parental units'.  I say, great!  I just hope the kids use all that for the good of their families (especially, including their widowed mamas (or poppas) !).  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment